I’m super excited about today’s post! I’ve teamed up with a fabulous group of bloggers to bring you 25 Thanksgiving recipes. We can’t help you avoid your crazy cousin Jack at the Thanksgiving table, but we do have your Thanksgiving meal covered. Plus, each of us is doing our own giveaway valued at $50 or more (that’s a total of over $1,250 in prizes)! I have links to all the recipes (and giveaways) at the end of this post!
My giveaway is a $75 gift certificate to Jessie Steele. If you haven’t heard of Jessie Steele, I’m excited to introduce you.
Jessie Steele makes my favorite aprons! If you see me in a cute apron, you can almost bet that it is one of theirs. I’m so lucky to have them sponsoring this post!
Now, they have a line of matching parent/child aprons and accessories.
I can’t even describe how excited Myles was to bake with me in our matching aprons! It was adorable!!
Baking with Myles is one of my favorite things to do and this is the perfect time of year to do it! Sometimes, I let him write the recipes (that’s always interesting). Other times, he just works with me on my recipes and helps measure, mix, and clean the spatula with his tongue.
Of course, there is also lots of high-fiving for a job well done!
It’s too bad that we didn’t have our matching aprons yet when we went on TV together. But, that cupcake apron that I’m wearing above is a Jessie Steele apron and it now comes in a child’s size, too. How cute would that be to wear with a child for holiday baking?!
If you win my giveaway, I’ve got to see photos!
OK… on to my recipe: sweet potato casserole donut holes!
I play around with sweet potato casserole-inspired recipes every year. I’ve made sweet potato casserole marshmallows and three different kinds of sweet potato casserole cupcakes. These baked donuts are my fun new twist on sweet potato casserole. They are spiced with nutmeg and wrapped in a toasted marshmallow topping. They are super fun and easy to adapt to your specific tastes: swap the sweet potato with pumpkin, add other fall spices, or do a simple cinnamon and sugar dusting instead of the marshmallow topping – you can’t go wrong!
Sweet Potato Casserole Donut Holes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Marshmallow Topping Instructions
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
In another medium-sized bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and sweet potato puree until fully combined.
Add eggs to sweet potato mixture one at a time, mixing until fully combined.
Mix in orange juice.
Mix in dry ingredients a little bit at a time until just combined.
Grease wells of a donut hole pan (or a mini muffin pan) with cooking spray and fill 3/4 full with batter.
Bake for 10 minutes or until donuts bounce back when lightly touched.
Remove and cool on cooling rack.
Marshmallow Glaze Instructions
Place all ingredients in a pot on medium heat and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted, about five minutes Glaze will be thick and sticky, like melted American cheese.
Once glaze cools enough to touch, spoon over cooled donuts. Use your fingers to stretch the topping around the whole donut hole.
Use a culinary torch to toast the marshmallow topping.
Enter to Win a $75 Gift Card to Jessie Steele
Get the Other Thanksgiving Recipes and Enter The Other Giveaways
- Homemade Orange Cider Cranberry Sauce via The Snappy Gourmet
- Cheesy Garlic Herb Potatoes and Squash via Sugar Dish Me
- 5-Ingredient Pecan Pie Fudge via Texanerin Baking
- Brussels Sprouts and Farro Salad via Lemons for Lulu
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberry Side Dish via Cooking on the Front Burner
- Fig and Goat Cheese Ball via Eat. Drink. Love
- Overnight Pumpkin Monkey Bread via Barbara Bakes
- Classic Apple Pie via Comfortable Domestic
- Acorn Squash Puree via Daily Appetite
- Pumpkin Banana Bread via Java Cupcake
- Green Beans with Almonds and Bacon via From Valerie’s Kitchen
- Classic Pecan Pie via That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkey Tenderloins with Mushroom Shallot Tarragon Gravy via All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Casserole Donut Holes via Cupcake Project
- Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes via Chocolate Slopes
- Triple Spice Pumpkin Buttermilk Pie via Frugal Foodie Mama
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce via The Adventure Bite
- Twice Baked Potatoes via My Gluten Free Kitchen
- Green Bean Quinoa Casserole via Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Warm Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Leek Salad with Cheddar Biscuit Breadcrumbs via Sarcastic Cooking
- Pumpkin Slab Pie via The Kitchen is My Playground
- Prosciutto Wrapped Parmesan Pears & Greens via The Complete Savorist
- Cranberry Apple Charlotte via The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Ricotta Chocolate Chip Bread via Ari’s Menu