May Day Cupcakes | Cupcake Project

May Day Cupcakes

May Day Cupcakes

May Day is near and dear to my heart – it’s my birthday!!  It is not, however, a holiday typically observed in the United States.  In fact, I never danced around the maypole until my mid-twenties when I searched hard for a May Day event in St. Louis.  I wanted to learn more about my birthday holiday.  What I found when I attended the event was a very small group of people who were truly joyous (singing, dancing, and being generally merry) about the coming of May (I liked t0 think of it as the coming of my birthday!).

This year, I’ve created celebratory May Day cupcakes.   My cupcake’s maypole is a homemade pixy stick with ribbon glued to it (a hot glue gun works best, but I’m sure plain white glue would do the trick).  I modeled my May Day cupcakes after the Mini May Pole Cakes by Studio DIY on Instructables.  They also used a straw for the Maypole, but I turned the straw into a pixy stick!

If you are from a country that celebrates May Day, enjoy yourself and know that I may show up on your doorstep some day ready to celebrate with you.  I plan to have a huge May Day birthday party somewhere outside the United States one of these days.

18 Responses to May Day Cupcakes

1. Holiday Baker Man April 24, 2013 at 11:08 pm #

Great idea!

2. Home Delivery April 25, 2013 at 1:53 am #

Very Nice…………

3. Rebecca April 25, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

We do celebrate may day :D and I will think of you on your birthday :D happy dancing and singing ;)

4. Amy April 25, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

Happy early birthday!! My high school best friend’s birthday is May 1st too. As far as I know, she hasn’t searched around to dance around a traditional May Pole, but if you ever come across one in California, I’ll let her know!

5. Aditi April 28, 2013 at 4:03 am #

I remember celebrating May Day in elementary school, dancing around the maypole. I think these cupcakes would have been a great addition to the festivities :)

6. Lila @ sweet and lovely crafts May 1, 2013 at 3:29 pm #

Seriously, that’s the cutest cupcake that I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait to make some for my kids this weekend!

7. Correio Eletronico June 3, 2014 at 7:07 pm #

Most web based email providers had the ability to download POP email, but your email.
    Sound, quality relational database design and development requires considerable knowledge and
    expertise, no matter what the platform. In the modern Advice Era, small business effort is
    merely controlled by your pace together with efficiency with the engineering.

8. 2014 short hairstyles June 4, 2014 at 7:27 am #

I enjoy, result in I discovered just what I used to be having a look for.
    You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a
    great day. Bye

9. get energy while eating June 6, 2014 at 3:07 am #

I’m really inspired with your writing skills and also with the layout to your weblog.
    Is this a paid topic or did you modify it yourself?
    Either way stay up the nice high quality writing, it is rare to
    look a great weblog like this one today..

10. kolikkopelit June 6, 2014 at 5:14 pm #

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine
    Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results.
    If you know of any please share. Kudos!

11. Verlene June 7, 2014 at 4:25 am #

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my
    newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite
    some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your
    blog and I look forward to your new updates.

12. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright
    infringement? My site has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of
    it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do
    you know any techniques to help protect against content from being stolen?
    I’d certainly appreciate it.

13. นาฬิกาเกรส July 6, 2014 at 7:16 pm #

If he needs time to think about it, give him a deadline so he knows that you are serious.

Whenever a person is still crazy about the ex-lover it is often very hard to quit bringing
    up past times. This is equally true whether the relationship had been a brief
    one or a long-term one.

14. norgesautomater July 7, 2014 at 7:47 pm #

If you are going for most excellent contents like
    I do, just pay a quick visit this web site everyday as it gives
    feature contents, thanks

15. movies san antonio July 16, 2014 at 7:48 am #

Great blog you have here but I was curious about if
    you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about here?
    I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get feed-back from other knowledgeable
    individuals that share the same interest. If you have
    any suggestions, please let me know. Cheers!

1. May Day Cupcake « Divine Party Concepts - May 1, 2013

[...] Picture from Cupcake Project [...]

2. May Day in St. Louis | - May 1, 2013

[...] Did you know we (St. Louis) had a cupcake blogger with a serious following out there talking about cupcakes and St. Louis and what-not? Well, we do and her name is Stefani Pollack and she shows us how to top cupcakes May Day style here! [...]

3. May Day (May 1st) Traditions | Coolest Family on the Block - April 30, 2014