May Day Cupcakes | Cupcake Project

May Day Cupcakes

May Day Cupcakes

May Day is near and dear to my heart – it’s my birthday!!  It is not, however, a holiday typically observed in the United States.  In fact, I never danced around the maypole until my mid-twenties when I searched hard for a May Day event in St. Louis.  I wanted to learn more about my birthday holiday.  What I found when I attended the event was a very small group of people who were truly joyous (singing, dancing, and being generally merry) about the coming of May (I liked t0 think of it as the coming of my birthday!).

This year, I’ve created celebratory May Day cupcakes.   My cupcake’s maypole is a homemade pixy stick with ribbon glued to it (a hot glue gun works best, but I’m sure plain white glue would do the trick).  I modeled my May Day cupcakes after the Mini May Pole Cakes by Studio DIY on Instructables.  They also used a straw for the Maypole, but I turned the straw into a pixy stick!

If you are from a country that celebrates May Day, enjoy yourself and know that I may show up on your doorstep some day ready to celebrate with you.  I plan to have a huge May Day birthday party somewhere outside the United States one of these days.

16 Responses to May Day Cupcakes

1. Holiday Baker Man April 24, 2013 at 11:08 pm #

Great idea!

2. Home Delivery April 25, 2013 at 1:53 am #

Very Nice…………

3. Rebecca April 25, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

We do celebrate may day :D and I will think of you on your birthday :D happy dancing and singing ;)

4. Amy April 25, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

Happy early birthday!! My high school best friend’s birthday is May 1st too. As far as I know, she hasn’t searched around to dance around a traditional May Pole, but if you ever come across one in California, I’ll let her know!

5. Aditi April 28, 2013 at 4:03 am #

I remember celebrating May Day in elementary school, dancing around the maypole. I think these cupcakes would have been a great addition to the festivities :)

6. Lila @ sweet and lovely crafts May 1, 2013 at 3:29 pm #

Seriously, that’s the cutest cupcake that I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait to make some for my kids this weekend!

7. 2014 short hairstyles June 4, 2014 at 7:27 am #

I enjoy, result in I discovered just what I used to be having a look for.
    You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a
    great day. Bye

8. kolikkopelit June 6, 2014 at 5:14 pm #

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine
    Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results.
    If you know of any please share. Kudos!

9. Verlene June 7, 2014 at 4:25 am #

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my
    newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite
    some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your
    blog and I look forward to your new updates.

10. norgesautomater July 7, 2014 at 7:47 pm #

If you are going for most excellent contents like
    I do, just pay a quick visit this web site everyday as it gives
    feature contents, thanks

11. นาฬิกา dkny August 2, 2014 at 7:47 pm #

I know this sounds wrong and you are asking how will this get
    him back. Instead, try to think positively – not just about him,
    but about your life in general. Take the classes that you never had time to take,
    when you were dating.

12. นาฬิกา guess August 2, 2014 at 8:32 pm #

Here we share with you tips to successfully make an Aquarian man fall
    in love. One of the ways to get yourself back to the top of
    your game is by discovering healthy avenues that can assist
    you in reawakening and developing yourself. Is a Slower Realization of the Truth Better for You.

13. http://shawnmichaeli.buzznet.com August 19, 2014 at 9:24 am #

I know this sounds wrong and you are asking how will this get him back.
    Have you changed in any way that takes away from the person that you
    used to be. If he is been frequently coming back around
    yet lets you know that he is unprepared to reconcile,
    focus more on his actions than what he says.

1. May Day Cupcake « Divine Party Concepts - May 1, 2013

[...] Picture from Cupcake Project [...]

2. May Day in St. Louis | - May 1, 2013

[...] Did you know we (St. Louis) had a cupcake blogger with a serious following out there talking about cupcakes and St. Louis and what-not? Well, we do and her name is Stefani Pollack and she shows us how to top cupcakes May Day style here! [...]

3. May Day (May 1st) Traditions | Coolest Family on the Block - April 30, 2014