Maple Cinnamon Roasted Root Vegetable Turnovers | Cupcake Project

Maple Cinnamon Roasted Root Vegetable Turnovers

These flaky, buttery turnovers could be filled with just about anything and I’d love them. (Have you seen my cupcake wrapped in pastry dough?)  But, these turnovers are filled with something completely fall and surprisingly healthy…

…roasted root vegetables – beets, sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots!  After roasting, I drizzled the veggies with maple syrup and sprinkled on ground cinnamon.  For the full recipe, head over to Paula Deen’s site (I am a regular guest contributor there and this is my latest contribution).

6 Responses to Maple Cinnamon Roasted Root Vegetable Turnovers

1. Michelle November 19, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

These look delish. You can wrap anything in flaky dough, and I’d be one happy girl.

2. Restaurant in kuwait November 20, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

Your post are very nice You can wrap anything in flaky dough

3. Jackie November 24, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

These turnovers look AMAZING!! I wish I had one right now to eat:)

4. Katherine November 26, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

Yummy! What great way to eat your veggies!

5. Karen December 24, 2012 at 10:07 am #

Made these last night — super tasty! With the maple syrup, cinnamon and brown sugar, they’re practically dessert.

6. Jackson Tremaine December 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

Any nutritional info about the above? Total calories, carbs, protein, etc? I’m diabetic and have been looking for ways to incorporate cinnamon into my diet. Apparently cinnamon aids with blood glucose control. I’ve just completed a 28 day meal plan for diabetes on http://www.bewell.com, and am now trying to build my diabetic friendly homemade menu. I’d like to try the above recipe, but with homemade gluten free puff pastry and maybe sugar free syrup.