Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes With Orange Salted Caramel Buttercream | Cupcake Project

Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes With Orange Salted Caramel Buttercream

Often, I need to make a sales pitch about my cupcakes.  Not everyone will be immediately excited about eating a cupcake that tastes like wine, chocolate tamale cupcakes, or cucumber martini cupcakes.  When I tell you that I made orange creamsicle cupcakes with orange salted caramel buttercream, my job is easier.  They are as good as they sound -  ’nuff said.  But, since I made them for Paula Deen, I had to spend some time (I spent over an hour) writing a description to make you want them even more; head over there to read my prose, get the recipe, and be hungry.

Why Three Photos?

Jonathan (my husband/site photographer) and I couldn’t decide on background for the orange creamsicle cupcake photo, so we sent Paula Deen’s team all three orange creamsicle cupcake photos that you see above.  When you go to her site, you’ll see which one she picked.

Which photo would you have picked?

7 Responses to Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes With Orange Salted Caramel Buttercream

1. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} August 9, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

They look and sound delicious. Orange caramel buttercream? Genius!

I can’t pick just one of those options.

-Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

2. Monica@TheYummyLife August 9, 2012 at 6:24 pm #

Oh my. This just may be my dream cupcake. Make that dreamsicle cupcake. :-) Love the addition of salted caramel. You’ve always got a creative twist on traditional flavors.

I’m with Paula’s team with their photo selection. The orange background is the color of creamsicles. Definitely reminiscent of childhood ice cream truck treats(great description with recipe BTW–an hour well spent!).

3. Vivian Mac August 10, 2012 at 11:04 am #

Second picture– guessed it right!

4. cindy clutterbuster August 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm #

I think the darker back ground shows off your cupcakes better. Can’t wait to try these and your vanilla ones also.

• Vera Zecevic August 10, 2012 at 11:18 pm #

Yes, I agree with Cindy to becouse of white frosting. Really nice looking cupcakes! I adore orange flavor on hot summer days.

5. julie | the semi-reformed nerd August 18, 2012 at 5:06 am #

YUM. I have a warm place in my heart for anything involved salted caramel… so this recipe goes on my list. :)

6. Cannella Vita January 29, 2013 at 8:17 am #

I made these cupcakes for my high school bake sale, and they were a HUGE hit! Check out how mine came out here: http://cannella-vita.blogspot.com/2013/01/creamsicle-cupcakes.html

P.S. Orange Creamsicles are my all time favorite ice cream!