Announcing the Explorers on the Quest for the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake | Cupcake Project

Announcing the Explorers on the Quest for the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake

Over 500 of you volunteered to join me on the Quest for the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake.  Working my way through the list and narrowing it down to just 50 was a tremendously difficult task. Your comments have made me laugh, get enough warm fuzzies to make a giant quilt, and want to give all of you a huge group hug.

The team that I selected has a wide range of backgrounds.  Some have only baked cake mixes before, some are from-scratch bakers who are regularly called upon to bake cupcakes for family and friends, while still others are pastry school students, professional bakers, and cupcake shop owners who sell either out of their homes, farmers’ market stands, or brick and mortar shops.  Some have a favorite chocolate cupcake recipe already that they plan to compare this one against.  Others have tried a few and haven’t found a favorite.

What the Explorers all have in common is a passion for cupcakes and an excitement about working together to find a recipe that everyone can share!

Once the Cupcake Project Explorers decide on an Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake recipe, I will post it on Cupcake Project with confidence that you’ll love it!

The Explorers are:

45. Debbie  Vassil
  46. Kimberly Waltman
  47. Jean Weiss
  48. Ashley Welsh
  49. Semaira Williams
  50. Cathy Wood

I’d like to extend a warm welcome to the new team!  If your name is on this list, look for an email in the next day or two with details and the recipe so that you can get started!

Deep and sincere thanks to all who applied.  If you were not chosen, you may still be picked for future rounds if any of the Explorers drop out.

27 Responses to Announcing the Explorers on the Quest for the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake

1. cupsbykim June 28, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

Way to go explorers!! You’ll love it!! Can’t wait for the Ultimate Chocolate to be chosen!!

2. Juliana Morgado June 28, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

Thought I would be picked because I was from a different country (Brazil). :( Oh well, hope to see the recipe here soon anyway and congrats to all the chosen ones! Do a good job! :)

3. Nisha June 28, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

superb. can’t wait!

4. njut tabi godlove June 29, 2012 at 3:50 am #

great!!!!!!

5. Anonymous June 29, 2012 at 7:01 am #

I am SOOO excited!!!!! I now have renewed purpose in my life and a justified reason to bake and eat – oops, I meant “test” – chocolate cupcakes. Thank you for choosing me.

Patty Rusin
    “Chocolate saves lives.”

6. Anne June 29, 2012 at 7:20 am #

EXCITEMENT!
    i’m so excited to be part of the team and can’t wait to get my bake on
    Let’s Do This!

Anne Ahiers

7. Katrynar June 29, 2012 at 7:53 am #

Oh my gosh I am sooooooo excited!!!!! Thank you thank you! I can’t wait to get started!!

8. Penny June 29, 2012 at 8:22 am #

I’m so excited to be working on this! Especially because it means I will be baking something other than cookies this week. And, well, because I have an excuse to cheat on my diet. It’s for SCIENCE! Thanks!!

9. Natasha June 29, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Oh wow! I’m so excited and I can’t wait to bake! Thanks =)

10. Anonymous June 29, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

Awesome, can’t wait to get started! :)

11. Agos June 29, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Aw I didn’t make it :( Maybe I should have written something in the comments? Hehe. Anyway, why have only 50 explorers when you can have 500? Although it would take a lot of time to read the reviews :P

12. Randi June 29, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Yay!!! I can’t wait to get started. I was always a science geek :-)

13. Janet Rudolph June 30, 2012 at 8:20 am #

Looking forward to the ultimate chocolate cupcake, because, I am always dyingforchocolate… very exciting..

14. natalie June 30, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

I’m so excited to be one of the “the chosen ones” ;)
    I’m baking these up tomorrow and I can hardly wait!!!
    I think I’m going to make your ultimate vanilla ones as well :)

• Anne July 1, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

do it! the Ultimate Vanilla is to DIE FOR

15. Amy Cardenas July 1, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

Yay!!! So excited for this challenge!!!! Can’t believe I was picked, but so glad that I was! :D

16. Gabby Mooningham July 2, 2012 at 6:58 am #

Eeeh! I’m getting started as soon as I get home from work!

17. Alice Barton July 3, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

Ohh I am SOOO excited and happy to be one of the lucky chosen ones! so looking forward to this. xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

18. lovehatebake.com July 4, 2012 at 3:47 am #

Oh man! I can’t wait until this is posted! I’m in desperate need of a great chocolate cupcake recipe.

19. Sahar July 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

I am very excited about this!

20. Stacey July 27, 2012 at 5:14 am #

How’s the progress coming along, bakers? I’m drooling over here waiting for the recipe.. ;)

21. Anonymous January 22, 2013 at 11:21 pm #

When is the reveal going to occur?

1. Quest for the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake – Call for Explorers | Cupcake Project - April 19, 2013

[...] Project Explorer and Get to Try My Chocolate Cupcake Recipe Before it is PostedUpdate 6/28/12: The Explorers have been chosen.  Thanks to all who [...]

2. Thursday things | crepes and more | wee eats - February 5, 2014

[...] week, I made the round two recipe in the collaborative quest for the ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPE with Cupcake Project and it seems pretty promising. Is it possible that we’ve [...]

3. thursday things | wee eats - February 5, 2014

[...] baked the round 1 recipe of the “Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake” contender, and ….. CAN’T TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT [...]

4. Simple Summer Fun - Celebration Style! - Serving From Home — Serving From Home - March 20, 2014

[...] Last weekend I found out that I was chosen to be one of 50 test bakers to help Steffani find the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake recipe. What an honour! We are testing out the recipe this week, everything’s a secret until [...]

5. Simple Summer Fun – Celebration Style! | Serving From Home - March 21, 2014