Announcing the Explorers on the Quest for the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake

Announcing the Explorers on the Quest for the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake

Share:

Over 500 of you volunteered to join me on the Quest for the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake.  Working my way through the list and narrowing it down to just 50 was a tremendously difficult task. Your comments have made me laugh, get enough warm fuzzies to make a giant quilt, and want to give all of you a huge group hug.

The team that I selected has a wide range of backgrounds.  Some have only baked cake mixes before, some are from-scratch bakers who are regularly called upon to bake cupcakes for family and friends, while still others are pastry school students, professional bakers, and cupcake shop owners who sell either out of their homes, farmers’ market stands, or brick and mortar shops.  Some have a favorite chocolate cupcake recipe already that they plan to compare this one against.  Others have tried a few and haven’t found a favorite.

What the Explorers all have in common is a passion for cupcakes and an excitement about working together to find a recipe that everyone can share!

Once the Cupcake Project Explorers decide on an Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake recipe, I will post it on Cupcake Project with confidence that you’ll love it!

The Explorers are:

45. Debbie  Vassil
  46. Kimberly Waltman
  47. Jean Weiss
  48. Ashley Welsh
  49. Semaira Williams
  50. Cathy Wood

I’d like to extend a warm welcome to the new team!  If your name is on this list, look for an email in the next day or two with details and the recipe so that you can get started!

Deep and sincere thanks to all who applied.  If you were not chosen, you may still be picked for future rounds if any of the Explorers drop out.

22 comments on “Announcing the Explorers on the Quest for the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake”

1. cupsbykim says:

Way to go explorers!! You’ll love it!! Can’t wait for the Ultimate Chocolate to be chosen!!

2. Thought I would be picked because I was from a different country (Brazil). :( Oh well, hope to see the recipe here soon anyway and congrats to all the chosen ones! Do a good job! :)

3. Nisha says:

superb. can’t wait!

4. Anonymous says:

I am SOOO excited!!!!! I now have renewed purpose in my life and a justified reason to bake and eat – oops, I meant “test” – chocolate cupcakes. Thank you for choosing me.

Patty Rusin
    “Chocolate saves lives.”

5. Anne says:

EXCITEMENT!
    i’m so excited to be part of the team and can’t wait to get my bake on
    Let’s Do This!

Anne Ahiers

6. Katrynar says:

Oh my gosh I am sooooooo excited!!!!! Thank you thank you! I can’t wait to get started!!

7. Penny says:

I’m so excited to be working on this! Especially because it means I will be baking something other than cookies this week. And, well, because I have an excuse to cheat on my diet. It’s for SCIENCE! Thanks!!

8. Natasha says:

Oh wow! I’m so excited and I can’t wait to bake! Thanks =)

9. Anonymous says:

Awesome, can’t wait to get started! :)

10. Agos says:

Aw I didn’t make it :( Maybe I should have written something in the comments? Hehe. Anyway, why have only 50 explorers when you can have 500? Although it would take a lot of time to read the reviews :P

11. Randi says:

Yay!!! I can’t wait to get started. I was always a science geek :-)

12. Looking forward to the ultimate chocolate cupcake, because, I am always dyingforchocolate… very exciting..

13. natalie says:

I’m so excited to be one of the “the chosen ones” ;)
    I’m baking these up tomorrow and I can hardly wait!!!
    I think I’m going to make your ultimate vanilla ones as well :)

14. Amy Cardenas says:

Yay!!! So excited for this challenge!!!! Can’t believe I was picked, but so glad that I was! :D

15. Eeeh! I’m getting started as soon as I get home from work!

16. Alice Barton says:

Ohh I am SOOO excited and happy to be one of the lucky chosen ones! so looking forward to this. xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

17. Oh man! I can’t wait until this is posted! I’m in desperate need of a great chocolate cupcake recipe.

18. Sahar says:

I am very excited about this!

19. Stacey says:

How’s the progress coming along, bakers? I’m drooling over here waiting for the recipe.. ;)

20. Anonymous says:

When is the reveal going to occur?