If there were a Greek system for desserts, ice cream and cupcakes would definitely be sorority sisters. Ice cream made it into my list of top ten frostings, and each May I hold an Ice Cream Cupcake contest on this blog (start thinking about your entry now!).
As you know, I like taking cupcake flavors to unexpected (often alcoholic) places, and the book Ice Cream Happy Hour does the same thing for ice cream. In fact, many of the boozy cupcakes I have created mirror the ice cream flavors that are found in this book. Here’s a list of some of my cupcakes that have related ice cream recipes in Ice Cream Happy Hour:
- Eggnog cupcakes
- Pina Colada cupcakes
- Margarita cupcakes
- Mojito cupcakes
- Mimosa cupcakes
- Mudslide cupcakes
- Hot buttered rum cupcakes
I know how much I loved these flavors as cupcakes and I’m looking forward to trying them all as ice creams! I already tried the butter pecan ice cream with brandy and highly recommend it!
Lucky for you, you’ve got a chance to win Ice Cream Happy Hour and give the recipes a try yourself. As a bonus (read this in your best infomercial voice), the winner will receive a set of 20 totally adorable ice cream spoons from Sucre and Spice – in any style that you like!
- Leave a comment on this blog post (not on Facebook, e-mail, or Twitter) telling me what drink you’d most like to try as an ice cream flavor or what alcoholic ice cream you have tried and loved.
- Be sure that your comment includes a way to contact you if you win.
- All comments must be posted by 11:59 PM CST on November 15, 2011.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- I will randomly draw a winner on November 16. I will contact the winner and update this post with their name.
- If I don’t hear from the winner within one week to claim their prize, I reserve the right to choose a new winner.
- Prizes can only be shipped within the U.S.
(Psst – I’ll be posting soon on Facebook about a second chance to win the book and spoon prize pack. Make sure that you “like” Cupcake Project on Facebook so that you don’t miss the announcement.)