Crème Brûlée Cupcakes

Crème Brûlée Cupcakes

Share:
Crème Brûlée Cupcakes

Crack through a layer of caramelized sugar to reveal a layer of sweet cream below, but you’re not done.  Below the cream is your favorite fluffy cupcake!  Welcome to the world of crème brûlée cupcakes!

Products Related to Crème Brûlée Cupcakes

BonJour Brushed Aluminum Chef's Torch with Fuel Gauge

My culinary torch may be my favorite kitchen toy – and it’s not super expensive.  Playing with fire (in a controlled and safe way) is super fun!

View on Amazon.com

McCall's Country Candles - 26 Oz. Creme Brulee

If you find that you love the smell of crème brûlée, here’s a way to keep that smell going all the time without baking crème brûlée cupcakes every day.  I haven’t tried this particular one, but I’ve used other cake flavors and love them!

View on Amazon.com

How to Make Crème Brûlée Cupcakes

1. Start by baking your favorite cupcake recipe.  I kept it simple and used the Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake recipe.
  2. Instead of frosting with a traditional frosting like vanilla bean buttercream frosting, bake and chill crème brûlée (I used super easy to make pumpkin crème brûlée).
  3. Spread the chilled crème brûlée over the cooled cupcakes.
  4. Sprinkle with regular or maple sugar and brûlée with a culinary torch just before serving.

You can mix any flavor of crème brûlée with any cupcake flavor to create your dream crème brûlée cupcakes.  If you give them a try, I’d love for you to share photos and reviews on the Cupcake Project Facebook page.  I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

34 comments on “Crème Brûlée Cupcakes”

1. I am SOOOO happy you posted this! Creme Brulee is my favorite dessert and I am sure I will love it even more as a cupcake :)

2. jessruhlin says:

Do you ever use sugar substitutes in baking? I am a 25 year old ballet dancer and type one diabetic so I’m always hoping for good ways to cut my sugar intake. I’ve tried baking cookies with splenda and it changed the shape but not so much the taste. I’m afraid to try this with a cake that needs to rise. I would love to hear your thoughts on sugar substitutes!

3. I have to try this recipe !
    @jessruhlin, when you use sugar substitutes, you can beat the eggwhites, it helps the cake to rise, I have a nephew who’s diabetic and that’s what I do when I bake for him.

4. Amazing idea! I would love to try a Nutella one.

5. Gloria says:

look wonderful! gloria

6. Candice says:

It’s been a while since I saw a cupcake that is really unusual…. I LOVE this idea!

7. Jennifer says:

Creme brulee cupcakes – blissful! They look heavenly!

8. Celyne Glam says:

GREAT GREAT GREAT!
    leave a comment on my blog :***

9. asmita says:

I love Creme Brulee. These look so good.

10. OH NO YOU DIDN’T

Well, yes you did. I want.

11. BlondeBomber says:

creme brulee is definitely one of my favorite things in life so these look just about like the best cupcakes ever!!!!! YUMMMMMM

12. Anonymous says:

How necessary is it to toast immediately before serving? I would like to make these for an event that I am going to but will not be able to torch them when I am there. Will the hold up if I torch them the evening before?

13. Stef says:

Anon – They will still be good, but they won’t have a crunchy bruleed top anymore. It will get soggy.

14. Caking! says:

Cupcakes (gooood) + Creme Brulee (goooood) = Super delicious! These look amazing, definitely going to have to try these. I take it flashing them under a grill will be ok if you don’t have a blowtorch?

15. Susan says:

Really wishing I had a torch right about now. These look super delish

16. Stef says:

Caking! – Yes, that should work.

17. Anonymous says:

as for making it beforehand – you could probably preserve the crunchy top if you use enough sugar and torch it really well. I used to make little Creme brulees at whole foods that would stay crunchy for a couple days as long as they were torched well and thick enough sugar.

18. Maile says:

Im thinking of spicecake cupcake with the pumpkin creme brulee for thanksgiving dessert.

19. Jennifer says:

I tried these this morning.. I used caramel vanilla sponge cake cupcakes with a caramel creme brûlée! Super good and really easy! Thanks for the great idea!

20. Sahar says:

I don’t even dare try these – I would just end up on a diet made of coffee and these cupcakes 😛

21. oh my gosh this look and sound delicious!

22. Anonymous says:

Does the pumpkin creme brulee recipe yield too much for this cupcake recipe? How much should I cut it down to not have leftover creme brulee?

23. Aurelia says:

Creme brulee as a cupcake? Are you kidding??? This looks amaaazing!

24. Anonymous says:

Made these today and they were delicious. How do you torch without burning the paper burning cups?

25. Stef says:

Carefully. Sometimes the paper does get burnt.

26. Stephanie says:

Do you have a recipe for creme brulee buttercream? What I mean is, is there a way to make a frosting that tastes like and has the texture of creme brulee without actually having to bake creme brulee?

27. Ashley says:

I love them! Thanks for sharing!

28. Anonymous says:

I love it. will try it for sure

29. Charli says:

I had a creme brulee donut and if this cup cake is half as good then I can’t wait to try it.

30. Marie says:

I like your blog. Wonderful cakes especially the crème brulee cupcakes. Your blog is so attractive to me because I really just like baking. I mean anything that has to do with baking. Is it possible to provide demos for preparing some of the cakes?

31. Mayra says:

I saw on Cupcake wars, a creme brulee cupcake. Not a topping, but a cupcake. I was wondering if you had the recipe for that… it was episode 9 i think, aired just this week. Thanks!

32. Becca says:

Do you think you could pipe the creme brulee on the top?

33. Liz says:

Do you still have to cook the creme brulee in separate ramekins to have it cook properly? or can it all go in one dish? This sounds so good as a thanksgiving dessert!