Hefeweizen (Wheat Beer) Cupcakes | Cupcake Project

Hefeweizen (Wheat Beer) Cupcakes

I’m in puppy love with my Hefeweizen cupcakes.  Maybe it’s because I’ve been on a quest to find the Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake and the past 15 or so cupcake recipes I’ve made have been some variety of vanilla, or maybe these Hefeweizen cupcakes really are just that good.  If you are a beer fan (I’m talking about the kind of person who drinks beer for the taste, not chugs for the buzz), and you like wheat beer, you will truly appreciate this cupcake.  With beer in both the cupcake and the glaze, these cupcakes have a noticeable beer flavor.  The cupcakes also contain a touch of lemon as though you squeezed some into your bottle.

Beer cupcakes are typically heavy and manly.  The beer cupcakes I’ve created in the past are no exception.  I’ve done a beer cheese cupcake with bacon cheddar frosting (trust me on this one – it is a fan favorite), chocolate stout cupcakes, and Trappist cupcakes with a Trappist-style cheese.  Unlike those, these Hefeweizen cupcakes are beer cupcakes for the summer.  They are moist, fresh-tasting, and just the snack to tide you over while you’re waiting for your burgers to finish on the grill.

Want More Details and the Recipe?

You’ll have to head over to Jenn’s blog, Beantown Baker, where you can read a guest post that I wrote.  While you’re there, be sure to take a look around.  Not only does Jenn have a wealth of great posts of her own, but she’s been having guest bloggers each Friday.  Check out all of her Friday Favs to discover new, fun blogs to read.

13 Responses to Hefeweizen (Wheat Beer) Cupcakes

1. Ferreh Hiatt August 5, 2011 at 4:37 am #

Mmmmmm, these sound AWESOME! I’m a big fan of Shiner Hefeweizen, so the next time I get my hands on some, I’m making these puppies!

2. onelonelyapricot August 5, 2011 at 4:46 am #

That sounds really good! I will have to try this.

3. Sarah August 5, 2011 at 5:47 am #

It’s crazy that you just posted this; I met a woman yesterday who started “The Cupcake Brewery” in Raleigh, NC! She was telling me all about her cupcakes made with beer, and I was really intrigued. Excited to try your recipe and tell her about it :)

4. Steph Ivy August 5, 2011 at 6:33 am #

Oh, those sound so good! Blue Moon’s hefeweizen is my beer of choice, so I think I have to make these.

5. Meaghan Luby August 8, 2011 at 7:54 am #

can’t top a cupcake made from beer. i mean, wow. thanks for sharing!
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

6. Jen August 10, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

Thanks so much for participating in my Friday Favs series!

7. Victoria August 14, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

I feel so betrayed. First time CupcakeProject has steered me wrong. Made two batches, thinking that maybe I made the first ona wrong… Consistency was weird. Dense and kind of pasty. Chocolate Stout cupcakes were way more successful and num.

8. Stef August 14, 2011 at 4:50 pm #

Victoria – :( Sorry it didn’t work out for you. Loved them when I made them.

9. Tres Delicious August 30, 2011 at 12:15 am #

They look cute. Craving for them :) Love your blog.

10. southernsugar December 13, 2011 at 10:31 am #

Hmmm, I wonder what this would taste like with a berry wheat… I foresee some experimentation in my future! Thank you for the idea!

11. Ashley @ FROSTEDChic March 3, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Might have to try these out for the hubby :)

1. NASCAR Cupcakes – Salt and Vinegar Pork Rind Cupcakes with a Beer Glaze - April 18, 2013

[...] been around that track before.  If you want a beer cupcake, check out my beer cheese cupcakes, Hefeweizen (wheat beer) cupcakes, or my cupcakes with a built-in cup for beer.  Another popular food on the list was hot dogs; if [...]

2. Beer Cheese Cupcakes with Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting: The Ultimate Super Bowl Cupcake | Cupcake Project - June 4, 2013

[...] Hefeweizen Cupcakes [...]