Over the years, many of you have asked me for the ultimate vanilla cupcake recipe. Each time – although you couldn’t see it – my face turned the color of the logo below and my heart sunk as I responded, “I don’t have one.” I’ve been so busy developing unique, funky, off-the-wall cupcake recipes that I never took the time to work on a vanilla cupcake recipe. I felt like a gymnast who could do a double flip, but had somehow missed learning how to do a cartwheel. That is changing now!
As those of you who have been following along on the Cupcake Project Facebook page already know, I recently began a quest for the Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake recipe. I’ve researched, baked, and baked, and baked, and in the end created what I believe to be the Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake recipe.
So, Where’s the Recipe?
I refuse to call my recipe the Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake until it’s been baked by a 50 baker team of testers (Explorers). If more than 80% of the Explorers agree that it’s the Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake recipe, I will declare it as such (there’s no recipe that everyone can agree on). If the Explorers don’t love it, I’ll take their comments into consideration, go back to the cupcake tin, and try again.
How to Become a Cupcake Project Explorer and Get to Try My Vanilla Cupcake Recipe Before It is Posted
I’m looking for 50 bakers at all different skill levels to test my proposed Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake recipe.
Here are the details:
- You must be able to bake one batch of vanilla cupcakes (the recipe makes 10 cupcakes) and fill out the feedback form between Sunday, July 17 and the end of the day on Saturday, July 23.
- Signing up to be an Explorer does not guarantee you a spot. I’ll be looking for a good mix of skill levels.
- If chosen, you will be sent the recipe by Sunday, July 17. You are required to keep the recipe a secret until I give you the go-ahead to share it. This means no blog posts, Facebook status updates, Tweets, etc., that contain the recipe. However, feel free to talk about being an Explorer.
- If chosen, you may proudly display the Explorer badge (shown above) on your blog. Having a blog and posting the badge is not a requirement for participation.
- If 80% or more of the Explorers declare the cupcake to be the Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake recipe, I will post the recipe on Cupcake Project and give the Explorers the go-ahead to write about the recipe. I will add links back to their posts from my post.
- If the Explorers do not deem this recipe to be the Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake recipe, I will present them with another recipe to try. Explorers will have the option of staying on and trying other vanilla cupcake recipes until one is declared the Ultimate or giving up their slot.
Sign Up Now
If you are interested in becoming an Explorer, fill out the sign up form now.
Huge thanks to Emma from SnapStories for designing the logo and badges for this program. Her books make the perfect baby gifts, shower gifts, or birthday presents – go buy some and tell her I sent you!