|Photo from Cupcakewrappers.com|
Update, 5/17/11: The giveaway is now over. The winners are Lindsay (linzcoupons) and Amanda (cake making mom of 5). Congrats to both of you!
Cupcake wrappers (the kind that encase an already baked cupcake) can make any cupcake look more elegant (see my Key lime cupcakes), but in addition to the added expense of buying a wrappers plus liners, more paper means a greater environmental impact. The wrappers from cupcakewrappers.com feel like a nice compromise. You still get the sophisticated look of a wrapper, but because they are reusable (just wash and save them for the next time), you can feel better about using them.
A second advantage of the Maisie Fantasie wrappers over others on the market is that they are greaseproof. Often, cupcake wrappers start to look oily if they sit on the cupcakes too long – they absorb the moisture from the cake. Not so, here!
The only downside that I’ve found to the Maisie Fantasie reusable wrappers is the trouble you’ll have making sure that your guests don’t throw them out. One thing that you could do to alleviate this problem is to display cupcakes with wrappers, but personally remove them prior to serving.
Maisie Fantasie has been kind enough to offer two Cupcake Project readers the chance to win a dozen wrappers. Simply head over to cupcakewrappers.com and take a look at all of the wrapper options, then return to this post and leave a comment telling me which style you would like if you win.
The Fine Print
- Your comment must include the wrapper style you would like if you win and a way to contact you.
- Only comments on this blog post are valid – not comments on Facebook, Twitter, or by email.
- All entries must be in by 11:59 CDT Monday, May 16.
- I will randomly pick and reveal the winners on this post on Tuesday, May 17, and personally contact them. If I do not hear back from a winner within seven days, I will draw a new winner.
- Both U.S. and international readers are eligible for this giveaway!
Something You Should Know
Although I was sent some wrappers to review, this is not a paid post. If it sounds particularly glowing, it’s only because I really liked the product.