Announcing the 2011 Ice Cream Cupcake Contest | Cupcake Project

Announcing the 2011 Ice Cream Cupcake Contest

It’s time again for the Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious Ice Cream Cupcake Contest – your opportunity to showcase your amazing ice cream cupcake creations just in time for Summer!

What’s an Ice Cream Cupcake?

For a brief introduction to ice cream cupcakes, check out my post on ice cream cupcakes. For tons of inspiration, check out the drool-worthy entries from 2008, 2009, and 2010.

Prizes

This year’s winner will receive a whole library of baking cookbooks!!  For the complete list of prizes, see the end of this post.

Judges

This year, we are doing things a bit differently.  We’ve asked three of our favorite dessert bloggers to help us judge the contest.  If you have not checked out these amazing blogs, now is a good time to head over there, try to figure out what flavors they like and don’t like browse their recipes, and leave bribes say, “Hi!”

Each of these judges will be writing a post on their own blogs about their top three ice cream cupcakes – giving you a chance for your cupcake and your blog to get even more exposure!

Official Rules:

• Dates: You can enter any time through June 15, 2011.
  • How to Enter:
  1. Create a recipe for ice cream cupcakes!  The ice cream cupcakes must contain cake and ice cream (or frozen yogurt, gelato, or something ice cream-like).  Cupcakes baked in ice cream cones without a frozen element are not eligible.
  2. Write a post on your blog about your creation any time prior to June 15.  The post must include a photo, a recipe, and a link to both this post and to the post at Scoopalicious. If you don’t have a blog, you can still enter (you’ll find details on the entry form), but why not start one?
  3. Post a photo of your cupcake to the Cupcake Project Facebook Wall.  Please upload as large a photo as possible so that we can be sure to best showcase it in the roundup post. Please include the title of your cupcake and a link to your post in the photo caption.
  4. Complete the entry form.
  • Number of Entries per Person: Sorry, we are allowing just one entry per person this year – so make it count!
  • International Entrants:  International readers are welcome to enter, but prizes cannot be shipped internationally.  You will win bragging rights and you will have the opportunity to gift your prizes to any person or organization in the United States.  Update 5/18:  We are willing to ship internationally, but only if you are willing to pay the postage.

Prizes

The winner will be announced by July 1 and will receive an amazing collection of dessert cookbooks from some of our favorite authors!

From author Krystina Castella:

From authors Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough:

From Nicole Weston, author and contest judge:

From Jessie Oleson, author and contest judge (to be delivered upon book release):

From Bakerella:

From Emma Hand, creator of Snap Stories and designer of our amazing new Ice Cream Cupcake Contest logo:

(I admit, this last book isn’t a cookbook, but baking is definitely a Big Adventure!)

HUGE HUGE thanks to our judges and to all of the authors that provided prizes for this event!

Happy baking, and start making some room on your bookshelf (you’ve got to be an optimist, right?)!

20 Responses to Announcing the 2011 Ice Cream Cupcake Contest

1. Tug's Girl May 15, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

Way too cool to pass up! It’s time to go to bed and I’m ready to get in the kitchen.

2. Cindy May 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm #

Have you thought of offering the prizes to International winners if they are happy to pay postage???
    Just a thought as there are so many awesome competitions on all over the web, unfortunately so many are US based, so those of us in other parts of the world miss out.

3. Lucy May 16, 2011 at 6:18 am #

Stef, first of all, it was great meeting you on Saturday! Thank you for putting together such an amazing event, I was blown away when I heard how much it raised! Can’t wait for the next blogger event, I think a potluck would be a blast:)

Second, I can’t wait to enter this contest! Not only is it an excuse to test lots of cupcake/ice cream combos, but also an opportunity to feed my addiction to cookbooks!

4. Every Little Thing May 16, 2011 at 7:21 am #

I got a great idea this morning for this contest. It was like a light bulb! I think that means I have to enter :)

5. Ivy May 16, 2011 at 9:11 am #

Hey you! I have three things to tell you, Check out my latest post if you get a chance.

Really hope I can make an entry for this year. I always get so excited with ideas AND what everyone else comes up with. :)

6. Blondheim May 16, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

This made me squeal with excitement! I can’t wait!!!

7. Stef May 18, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

Cindy – Great idea! The postage would be expense, but if you are willing, so are we. I updated the post.

Lucy- Great meeting you as well! I’m excited to see your entry! I’d love to taste it too since you live nearby. Let me know if you are willing to share!

Every Little Thing – The same thing that I wrote to Lucy applies to you!

8. PittsburGhirl May 19, 2011 at 4:32 pm #

So glad I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago. Thanks for everything you do! I’ve finally decided to enter one of your contests! http://tasteofpittsburgh.blogspot.com/2011/05/ice-cream-cupcakes.html

9. No Added Sugar June 6, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

What if I dont have facebook? Is there any other way of posting my entry?

10. Stef June 6, 2011 at 3:05 pm #

No Added Sugar – Just be sure to fill out the entry form and then you can email me a photo. stef@cupcakeproject.com

11. Sourkraut June 9, 2011 at 7:55 am #

I’m hoping to find the time to squeeze in an ice cream cupcake concoction this weekend before the deadline. I’m wondering if the cupcake recipe needs to be an original creation or if we’ll lose “points” if it’s not. The cupcake idea I have has been done tons of times in a non-ice creamy way but I think it will only be enhanced with the addition of some cool, creamy ice cream. Is that enough to make it my own?

12. Stef June 11, 2011 at 8:22 am #

Sourkrout – Sure, everything’s been done before. Just put your own twist on it! Good luck!

13. Alexandra June 20, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

Aaaw, missed the deadline! But new to your blog, and lovin’ it!! Thanks!

14. Nba 2K14 Cheat August 2, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

Good way of describing, and nice paragraph to get information concerning my presentation topic, which i am
    going to convey in university.

15. hvac cleveland ohio August 15, 2014 at 9:33 am #

hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked
    up something new from right here. I did however expertise a
    few technical points using this site, as I experienced to
    reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
    I had been wondering if your web host is OK?
    Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times
    will often affect your placement in google and
    can damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing
    with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective intriguing content.
    Make sure you update this again very soon.

16. https://plus.google.com/ August 22, 2014 at 6:51 am #

Anytime you send out automotive direct mail pieces, you’re faced with the issue that you have to work twice as hard at appearing trustworthy to potential customers as people in other industries.
    How many times have you, both personally and in business, purchased a product or service based upon another’s recommendation. Customers have come to expect
    full color, so make sure to incorporate colors.

1. Reminder: Ice Cream Cupcake Contest Deadline is June 15 | Cupcake Project - April 23, 2013

[...] all of the details about the contest on the original contest post and check out some of the amazing entries that have already come in on Cupcake Project’s [...]

2. S'mores Cupcake Ice Cream Sandwiches52 Kitchen Adventures - May 6, 2013

[...] a s’mores cupcake or a homemade Hostess cupcake for the Ice Cream Cupcake Contest hosted by Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious. The overwhelming majority declared s’mores as the [...]

3. Homemade Marshmallow Ice Cream52 Kitchen Adventures - June 6, 2014

[...] unusual here. The sudden warm up is perfect timing for the annual ice cream cupcake contest at Cupcake Project. Last year I entered my bacon chocolate ice cream cupcake, which was a [...]