Irish Coffee Brownie Cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day

Irish Coffee Brownie Cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day

Irish coffee cupcakes are coffee-flavored cupcakes spiked with whiskey and topped with chocolate whiskey cream cheese frosting.  Irish coffee brownie cupcakes are the same thing, but with a surprise inside…

…a hidden brownie center!

I probably don’t need to tell you how sensational these Irish coffee brownie cupcakes are, or how you need to make these cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day, or how these are a coffee-lover’s dream.  Just make them and see for yourself.

Irish Coffee Brownie Cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day

• 1 ¼ cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • ¼ cup whiskey
  • Brownie batter from above
  • Frosting Ingredients
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons whiskey

Brownie Directions
  1. In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Mix in eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
  3. Mix in cocoa powder, flour, and salt until just combined.
  4. Set aside.
  5. Cupcake Directions
  6. In a small saucepan on medium-high, heat milk and coffee beans until just boiling.
  7. Remove from heat, cover, and steep for fifteen minutes.
  8. Using a sieve, remove the beans from the milk and set the milk aside. You will only need ¾ cup of the milk, so it’s fine if some sticks to the beans during this process.
  9. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  10. In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
  11. In a separate medium-sized bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  12. Add eggs to the butter/sugar mixture, mixing until fully incorporated.
  13. In a small bowl, mix together whiskey and ¾ cup of the coffee-infused milk.
  14. Alternately mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients into the butter/sugar bowl, mixing until just combined.
  15. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full with cupcake batter.
  16. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of brownie batter into the center of each cupcake.
  17. Bake for 25 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
  18. Frosting Directions
  19. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
  20. Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
  21. Mix in cocoa powder and whiskey.
  22. Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Use Wilton tip 106 for the piping style shown in the photos.

15 comments on “Irish Coffee Brownie Cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day”

1. Kamaile says:

You are a genius!

2. Becky says:

I have to make these. They sound wonderful!

3. f/2.8 Momma says:

These sound amazing!
    I don’t have coffee beans, any alternate suggestions? Would powdered Espresso work?

4. Nezumi says:

I am drinking a mug of coffee and thinking if only I had one of those cupcakes, they look delicious :)

5. Can’t go wrong with Irish coffee or brownies. Great job!

6. Stef says:

f/2.8 – Yes, you could use espresso powder or instant coffee. It wouldn’t be as strong, but it would work.

7. SweetFox says:

These looked so good I had to try making them! I am a pretty unexperienced baker, and let me tell were not that hard and they tasted great! I posted my adventures in making these on
    You are a genius Stefani!

8. darcyeats says:

I want to give these cupcakes a hug. They look amazing!

9. Erin A says:

These sound great! I made and posted some Double Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Irish Cream Buttercream this morning on my blog…and they are delish! May have to try these next. Thanks for sharing :)

10. I totally have to try this for obvious reasons and St. Patrick’s Day is my b-day :)

11. Anonymous says:

I tried making these, very yummy but you can barely taste the coffee or whiskey and I used a very dark roast bean and steeped for a little too long

12. Anonymous says:

These are great! Tried it with the mint chocolate whipped lightning – alcohol infused whipped cream. Just put a thin layer of the frosting and then a squirt of the alcoholic whipped cream…little extra boozy but very tasty!

13. Kidding aside, is it good to order Irish coffee and an Irish coffee cup cake? What do you think?

long island catering halls

14. Opiq says:

Im not a bigfan of cupcake but Extra whiskey for me please… This is genius!

15. maggie says:

Hello! This recipe looks so cool! I didn’t use coffee bean for any baked good before, but would like to try. Any suggestions what can I do with the coffee beans after seeping in milk? :):) thanks