Did it Snow in Our Kitchen? | Cupcake Project

Did it Snow in Our Kitchen?

I want to say how easy it has been to bake for Wedding 4.0.  However, it’s not over yet and Jonathan keeps reminding me that something could still go wrong.  Thus far, things have gone quite smoothly (knock on a mixer)!

Don’t let the snowstorm in our kitchen make you think otherwise.

My red fingers from putting the red coconut flakes on the Piña Colada cupcakes

I’m just a messy, messy baker.

I baked all 160 cupcakes yesterday in only about four hours. Yay! Today, I frosted all 160 cupcakes in another four hours.

The cherry Coke cupcakes
The Piña Colada cupcakes

Tomorrow, I’ll do some decorating.  I’m not going to tell you about the decorating because I want to surprise Bride and Groom 4.0, but you’ll see photos soon enough. I’m way excited about how cute these cupcakes are going to look.

I learn something each time I do one of these weddings.  This time around, my major upgrade was the boxes.  For Wedding 1.0 and 2.0 I used flimsy boxes with no cupcake dividers and worried endlessly about the cupcakes sliding into each other, ruining the frosting.  For Wedding 3.0, I used sturdier boxes with shelving paper to keep the cupcakes from sliding around.  This time, I bought cupcake boxes with dividers from BRPBoxShop.  Each of my cupcakes is protected in a sphere of love, keeping it safe from the perils of the world.  I highly recommend these boxes!

Huge thanks to Jonathan for his support and clean up work and to Grandma Nancy for watching our son – without her, this would not be possible.

9 Responses to Did it Snow in Our Kitchen?

1. I Sing In The Kitchen March 25, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

Congrats on a job well done. I really enjoyed the Better Homes And Gardens piece on Cupcake Project. Congrats on that as well!

2. Stacy and Ellie March 25, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

they are looking nice! Have you ever watched Cupcake Wars? 1000 cupcakes in 2 hours is just insane!

3. Anonymous March 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

Your post came at the perfect time! I’m baking 14 dozen for a wedding tomorrow… however this is my first big order. Amazing how well it has gone thus far. Tonite is round 2 and delivery tomorrow.
    Thank you for being such a steady inspiration! Viva La CupCake!
    XO~
    Renegade CupCake

4. Becky March 26, 2011 at 3:09 am #

You do an amazing job with all of those cupcakes. I marvel at your work. I’m glad that I’m not the only messy baker:)

5. Anonymous March 26, 2011 at 3:14 am #

I really enjoy your blog. When my life is a little rough, you blog is upbeat and refreshing to read. Thanks for making me smile!

6. tootie March 26, 2011 at 5:15 am #

160 cupcakes in 4 hours? That is incredible! Good work!

7. Vanessa Mota March 27, 2011 at 2:31 pm #

Amazing! I couldn’t bake that many cupcakes by myself, at least not yet. I am a lover of sweet and I have made baking my new hobby. I am now learning to bake from scratch. I am also starting a blog to document this new experience as I go. I love your blog and creations. I think I can learn a thing or two from you, lol. Best of luck, can’t wait to see those decorations.
    Vanessa

8. Krissie J March 28, 2011 at 6:31 am #

Just came across your blog via google and I am so glad I did. Those cupcakes look awesome and thanks for the box link! I’m just getting into baking fancier cupcakes and those will help!

1. Wedding Cupcakes – 160 Cupcakes Made From Scratch in My Home Kitchen | Cupcake Project - April 27, 2013

[...] how I joked about it snowing in my kitchen?  Never did I imagine that it was actually going to snow on the wedding day!  Bride 4.0 was a [...]