Sometimes you don’t want a dozen cupcakes. This chocolate spice cupcake recipe that I created for Paula Deen makes just two cupcakes. However, the best part is that the cupcakes can be made in the microwave and the whole thing takes under ten minutes. Enjoy them warm with fresh whipped cream and sprinkles.
Chocolate Spice Cupcakes For Two Recipe
Valentine’s Day Cupcakes for Two in Under Ten Minutes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 ½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 ½ teaspoons milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ egg lightly whipped (approximately 2 tablespoons whipped egg)
- Prepared Whipped Cream
Whisk flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger in a small bowl.
Mix in milk, butter, and egg.
Divide evenly between two silicone cupcake liners.
Microwave on medium for one minute.Microwave again on medium for thirty seconds. If the cupcakes do not bounce back when lightly touched, repeat this step.
Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.