Have you caught your apple cobbler trying to snuggle up to the pumpkin pie on your holiday table? I decided to play matchmaker and bring these two lovebirds together – and, let me tell you, it was a match made in heaven! Take gingery lemon apple cobbler cupcakes loaded with hunks of tart apples and blanket them with a thick coat of pumpkin pie frosting to watch the sparks fly. Is that your tummy rumbling with desire, or is it the sound of little sweet nothings whispered between the cake and frosting? You can’t be quite sure.
Products Related to Apple Cobbler Cupcakes
Apple Cobbler Cupcake Recipe
Apple Cobbler Cupcakes with Pumpkin Pie Frosting
A delectable match of apple cobbler cupcakes with pumpkin pie frosting.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/2 cup apples roughly chopped and loosely packed - I like having the large chunks of apple in the batter - as shown above - but you can chop the apples more finely if you like a smoother look.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ginger.
Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, sour cream, and lemon extract until blended.
Mix in flour mixture.
Fold in apples.
Divide batter evenly among 12 cupcake liners (they will be filled almost all the way to the top).
Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.
Frost the apple cobbler cupcakes with pumpkin pie frosting. See my post on pumpkin pie frosting for the recipe.