Strawberry Sorbet That You Can’t Screw Up | Cupcake Project

Strawberry Sorbet That You Can’t Screw Up

Strawberry sorbet is a cool, tangy splash that refreshes and energizes you as it hits your palate. Strawberry sorbet is not quite a miracle drug, but strawberry sorbet is miraculously easy to make and (especially when served in a homemade petite waffle cone) it is sure to brighten your world.

Strawberry Sorbet Recipe

I got the strawberry sorbet recipe by modifying a plum sorbet recipe from Garret at Simply Recipes. There are tons of appetizing sorbet recipes at Simply Recipes that are worth checking out. Aside from the switch to strawberries, I also changed the recipe to be only two steps – you can’t screw it up!

Strawberry Sorbet That You Can’t Screw Up

Yield: 1/2 quart of sorbet

Incredibly easy strawberry sorbet.

• 2 1/2 cups of strawberries (If at all possible, I highly recommend getting your strawberries at a farmers' market . The tiny ones that you find at farmers' markets tend to be packed with much more flavor than the huge perfect looking ones that you find at most US grocery stores. I recommend buying lots of strawberries while they are in season and freezing them; frozen strawberries work just as well as fresh ones for this recipe. Don't worry about being exact with your measurement. I just put the strawberries into a measuring cup. I pressed down a little bit, but didn't pack them.)
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier, optional (This keeps the sorbet from getting too icy.)

1. Throw all of the ingredients in a blender and liquefy them.
  2. Put the mixture in your ice cream maker and follow the instructions of your model.

BTW – I used the sorbet cones in 4th of July cupcakes!

One Response to Strawberry Sorbet That You Can’t Screw Up

1. Gary S June 29, 2009 at 1:48 pm #

Great idea! I’ll be making some this weekend for dessert. Thanks!

2. veggievixen June 29, 2009 at 5:07 pm #

thanks for this recipe! gran marnier makes everything better!

3. K. June 30, 2009 at 4:15 pm #

Dan makes a fantastic strawberry sorbet. It’s like a little strawberry festival right on your tongue! He used lime last time, which added a bright note without being too much. I loved it.

We’ll have to try it with the Grand Marnier.

4. Eliana July 1, 2009 at 7:50 am #

The first picture is one of my favorite you have posted!

5. Lou @ Happy Food July 1, 2009 at 11:38 am #

What a fantastic colour and I love your mini waffles too :)

I’ve just tried my hand at making a lemon lime sorbet with the fruit languishing in the fruit bowl. Lovely and fresh on a really hot day.

Thanks!

6. justice July 17, 2009 at 9:13 pm #

This strawberry sorbet looks like ice cream cones and mixing color of red and white is very impressive.

justice

————
    Free Satellite TV

7. Tessa July 19, 2009 at 11:26 am #

I’ve been making vegan ice creams lately using a coconut milk base, but your sorbet is calling to me! I’m going to have to try it! It seems so refreshing and light on a hot summer day.

1. 4th of July Cupcakes with Built-In Ice Cream Cones | Cupcake Project - May 8, 2013

[...] anything cold. So this year, my 4th of July cupcakes have a built in ice cream cone with bright red strawberry sorbet! The white comes from the frosting (I could have made the cake white, but went for yellow – [...]