Baby Food Cupcakes | Cupcake Project

Baby Food Cupcakes

Baby food cupcakes had some people grossed out, but I’m not sure why. Baby food cupcakes are just cupcakes made with baby food (which is simply mashed up fruits and/or vegetables). I’m sure I’ll be making a bunch of these once our baby arrives. However, the baby food cupcakes in this post were not made by me.

For our baby shower, our friends asked that anyone who was up for the challenge make and bring baby food cupcakes. It was a fun change to eat some cupcakes that I didn’t make. I don’t have all of the recipes, but maybe some of the cupcake bakers will post the recipes in the comments. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait until I start making and using baby food to see some recipes posted on this blog (I’m due in August and I hear that babies don’t eat food at birth, so it will be a while).

Here are the baby food cupcakes*:

Carrot cupcakes with custard and cream cheese frosting
Baby sized banana and strawberry cupcakesBanana, peach, raspberry cupcakes

Carrot, applesauce, and apricot cupcakes with whipped cream frosting

*J. Pollack Photography (the dad-to-be) was not working the event with his professional gear. He wants it pointed out that these photos were taken on our little point and shoot.

0 Responses to Baby Food Cupcakes

1. Christina June 15, 2009 at 3:15 pm #

Here’s my recipe, adopted from a recipe for banana cupcakes at cooks.com:

BANANA-PEACH-RASPBERRY BABY FOOD CUPCAKES

1/2 c. butter
    1 c. sugar
    1 c. banana, peach, and raspberry baby food (all three ingredients were in each jar)
    1 egg, beaten
    1 1/2 c. flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. vanilla

Mix above ingredients, fill muffin tins (lined with cupcake liners) 1/3 to 1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

2. the ungourmet June 15, 2009 at 7:02 pm #

These look pretty good! I would give them a try. :0)

3. Nancy June 16, 2009 at 5:38 am #

Here’s what I used for the carrot cupcakes with custard and cream cheese frosting:

1/3 C softened butter
    3/4C granulated sugar
    2 eggs
    7 oz. organic baby carrots
    1C + 2T all-purpose flour
    2t baking powder
    7T milk
    1t baking soda

Mix ingredients, fill mini-cupcake tins (lined) 1/2 full. Bake at 350degrees for 15-20 min.

For basic cream cheese frosting:

1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, room temp
    1/4 C butter, room temperature
    3 – 4 C powdered sugar
    3.5 oz vanilla-banana baby custard

Top each with a jelly bean.

(I would have prefered less sweet frosting.)

4. Ivy June 16, 2009 at 10:50 am #

How AWESOME are these!
    You are one lucky lady! :)

5. Fearless Kitchen June 19, 2009 at 6:13 am #

This is a really cute idea! And congratulations on you expected bundle of joy.

6. stacy mcpeek-smith July 4, 2009 at 12:19 pm #

I love this idea! I am throwing a baby shower this month and I may have to do this, sounds much tastier than the dreaded game of tasting baby food and guessing! :o ) And even with a point and shoot he makes it look delish!

7. Christina July 6, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

Oh, we did the baby-food tasting game too, but we only made the mom- and dad-to-be play. We had their mothers feed them out of baby jars, and they had to identify the flavor as well as guess whether or not it was organic.