Cookie dough makes me feel like a messy girl with pigtails, beaters, and a big grin – all over again! I love cupcake batter, but cookie dough is in a class of its own. Sadly, it’s probably not the safest idea for me to down gobs of raw cookie dough containing raw egg in my pregnant state (although – there is some debate about the dangers of raw egg).
The good news is that making cookie dough that is egg-free and totally safe to eat is incredibly easy. Because you aren’t going to be baking the cookie dough, you don’t need to worry at all about getting proportions just right, sifting, or the order of incorporating ingredients into the dough. You just dump all the ingredients in a bowl, mix, and you’re done.
What to Do With Raw Cookie Dough
There are countless things to do with raw cookie dough. Some ideas are:
- Mix it with vanilla ice cream for your own homemade cookie dough ice cream.
- Swirl it in with fudge for some cookie dough fudge.
- Spread a layer of it in between two cakes instead of frosting. This would be awesome with cheesecake.
- Just leave it sitting around with a spoon and eat some periodically.
- Make cookie dough cupcakes.
Products Related to This Cookie Dough
Raw Cookie Dough Recipe
I used the recipe for my cacao nib cookies as a base for the raw cookie dough recipe. To make it egg-less, I used milk to replace the moisture from the eggs. It worked perfectly!
Check out my peanut butter cookie dough recipe!