The Wedding Cupcakes | Cupcake Project

The Wedding Cupcakes

A small selection of the wedding cupcake possibilities Couple 2.o chose from

After over a year of sampling Cupcake Project cupcakes, Bride and Groom 2.0 have selected their wedding cupcakes.

The three wedding cupcakes will be:

1. Apple cinnamon cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting
  2. Chocolate cupcakes with bourbon and pecan with pecan butter frosting with chocolate and bourbon
  3. Oatmeal raisin cupcakes with maple buttercream frosting*

I’m really excited about all of their picks! Their wedding is one week from tomorrow!! I will begin baking the almost 300 cupcakes on Thursday night – assuming I’m up for baking after fasting all day. Thursday is the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur, and we don’t eat or drink from Wednesday night to sundown on Thursday. Baking cupcakes after fasting sounds like a recipe for lots and lots of cupcake batter eating.

I’ll be posting regularly on Twitter about my baking progress and will be sure to update the blog periodically as well.

*A Note About the Maple Buttercream Frosting

Despite the many, many frostings I’ve made, the maple buttercream frosting is actually one that Couple 2.0 has never tried. It’s hard to believe. It’s a frosting recipe I got from a cupcake class I took at Kitchen Conservatory. I took the class because I am going to be teaching my first cupcake class ever there next month (there are still some slots left if you are interested and promise to be easy on me) and I wanted to see how things there worked. The frosting was super yummy and the couple agreed that a maple buttercream would go well with the oatmeal raisin cupcakes.

Maple Buttercream Frosting Recipe from Kitchen Conservatory

• 1/2 C butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 C pure maple syrup
  • 1 T whole milk or heavy cream
  • 1/2 t vanilla
  • 1/8 t salt
  • 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
  1. Beat the butter, maple syrup, milk,vanilla, and salt for 1 minute.
  2. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.

16 Responses to The Wedding Cupcakes

1. Alanna October 4, 2008 at 2:18 pm #

Perfect fall choices, Stef! Call for reinforcements!

2. Tojosan October 4, 2008 at 2:22 pm #

This made my mouth water. Your skills at cupcake making barely outdo your skills at presenting about them. Wonderfully delicious.

3. CB October 4, 2008 at 2:55 pm #

Wow. I can’t believe its already time for the wedding. Love all the ones they chose. Congrats to Bride/Groom 2.0!
    /Clara

4. Stef October 4, 2008 at 8:22 pm #

Alanna – Thanks! I appreciate the offer. Hopefully all will go smoothly.

Tojosan – Aww.. thanks so much! Thanks for the retweet too. :)

CB – Me too. The ones they picked were all ones that I really enjoyed.

5. kamailesfood October 4, 2008 at 8:32 pm #

Love the mosaic at the top. Nice choice of cupcakes…very autumnish and yummy. :)

6. Stef October 4, 2008 at 8:34 pm #

Kamailesfood – Thanks! I knew I wanted a mosaic and I couldn’t figure out how to do it. I ended up doing a screen capture from flickr.

7. ley October 5, 2008 at 6:21 am #

YAY! I love those three choices! I totally want to be at that wedding, too- they really are perfect flavours for early fall. I’m excited for the baking updates! Good luck! lol.

8. Gina October 5, 2008 at 12:13 pm #

Congratulations to Bride and Groom 2.0 on their most excellent choices!

And…I was just reading up on your class at Kitchen Conservatory…I wonder if my DH would let me come up to STL to take that class! Yummmy!!!!

9. Nik Snacks October 5, 2008 at 3:55 pm #

Wow. Over a year of tasting. That takes commitment. Congratulations to everyone involved. And Happy early Yum Kippur (that is, if that’s the apprpriate blessing)

10. Stef October 5, 2008 at 7:12 pm #

Ley – Glad you like the choices. Thanks for the luck, I may need it!

Gina – It’d be fun to meet you!

Nik – Thanks! You can say that.

11. Rebekah October 6, 2008 at 9:08 pm #

I just saw your class on the list at Kitchen Conservatory! I totally plan on being there.

I posted about cupcakes today too :o )

12. Lisa-Marie October 6, 2008 at 10:59 pm #

These choices are so appropriate for an autumn wedding! I’m going to have to make the cinnamon apple cupcakes! the addition of cinnamon cream cheese frosting got me more excited than in should be at this time(its 6am)! mmmm baked apples!

You must be so excited! Yay for weddings!

13. Stef October 7, 2008 at 5:03 am #

Rebekah – Awesome! I’ll see you then!

Lisa-Marie – I’m more nervous than excited. So much to do! Hope you enjoy the cupcakes.

14. bldrnrpdx October 7, 2008 at 8:52 am #

The real question is, will the cupcake project continue, now that the wedding cupcakes have been chosen?

And I liked the typo “Yum” Kippur!

15. Stef October 7, 2008 at 9:02 am #

Hah! I didn’t even catch the “yum”. There is nothing yummy about Yom Kippur. The project will continue, I’ll announce the details well – as soon as I figure them out. :)

16. brian October 8, 2008 at 10:57 am #

as someone coming to wedding 2.0, i look forward to trying all three! sorry, no honey vinegar available :(