Toasted Ravioli Cupcakes | Cupcake Project

Toasted Ravioli Cupcakes

This post goes out to all of my St. Louis readers. Toasted ravioli are a St. Louis thing. As such, we have a St. Louis website called ToastedRav.com. Melody from ToastedRav asked if I would make ToastedRav cupcakes for a special video feature on Cupcake Project. Did you catch that? Video!

Here are the toasted ravioli cupcake details.

The Details

The folks at ToastedRav all assumed that there would be meat in both the cupcakes and the toasted ravioli, but no, I opted for apple cinnamon! I’ve described all of the components of the toasted ravioli cupcakes in other posts. Here’s where you can find them:

Cake: Apple cinnamon cupcakes
Frosting: Cinnamon cream cheese frosting
The Ravioli:

• Dough
  • Filling
  • Frying
  • Dusting of powdered sugar and cinnamon (looked like Parmesan cheese) – No post needed on this one

The Experience at ToastedRav

The video isn’t live yet, but you can check out the photos from the event at J. Pollack Photography. Wait for the code entry box to appear below the slideshow, type in “ToastedRav.com”, and then press “Go!” The first pictures you’ll see are of the filming in my house. Then, we went to the ToastedRav offices and various people tried the cupcakes, so you can see people’s reactions. Is it bad that my favorite picture is the one of my butt?

Why I Decided on Apple Cinnamon

Bride and Groom 2.0 loved my apple cinnamon cupcakes back when I made them for Bride and Groom 1.0 so much that they are strongly considering choosing them for their wedding! However, I made them a full year ago. With less then a month to go before couple 2.0′s big day, I told them that I would make the apple cinnamon cupcakes again to help refresh their memories. I haven’t heard back from Bride and Groom 2.0 yet, but I sure thought they were just as good this time!

Sugar High Friday

I just found out via Coconut & Lime that the Sugar High Friday theme this month is cupcakes! Yippee!! This will be my entry!

6 Responses to Toasted Ravioli Cupcakes

1. Rachel September 19, 2008 at 8:55 am #

These are adorable!

2. patrice September 19, 2008 at 11:00 am #

These sound really good! You are so creative!

3. garricks September 20, 2008 at 5:09 pm #

ROFL! They’re GREAT! And I’m a lifelong St. Louisan. So creative. I can’t wait to make them.
    Thanks!

4. kamailesfood September 20, 2008 at 6:28 pm #

I can just taste the apple and cinnamon. Love the toasted ravioli!

5. Milwaukee Cupcake Queen September 21, 2008 at 4:38 pm #

This is brilliant!

6. Sophie September 21, 2008 at 4:48 pm #

The combo you chose sounds addicting in itself, and topping it all off with a ravioli? Perfect dessert :) !

7. Holly Pinafore September 21, 2008 at 7:49 pm #

How cool! You should check out the website http://www.behindtheburner.com for tips and tricks on all things culinary.

8. Deborah September 22, 2008 at 7:13 am #

How creative!!

9. My Sweet & Saucy September 22, 2008 at 10:21 pm #

Love these!

10. My Sweet & Saucy September 22, 2008 at 10:21 pm #

Love these!

11. My Sweet & Saucy September 22, 2008 at 10:21 pm #

Love these!

12. My Sweet & Saucy September 22, 2008 at 10:21 pm #

Love these!

13. My Sweet & Saucy September 22, 2008 at 10:21 pm #

Love these!

14. Hillary September 23, 2008 at 12:43 pm #

I like the idea of sweet ravioli atop a cupcake. Very creative!

15. Kim September 23, 2008 at 1:02 pm #

Delish! You are so darn creative!

16. Carmen October 11, 2013 at 5:48 pm #

I have to admit, I panicked at first thinking that a meat-filled toasted ravioli cupcake was just too weird for me. . .and I’m pretty adventurous with food. But putting apple cinnamon in it sounds yummy! Creative idea! PS – found your post thru the link-up party on Future Expat.
    <3,
    Carmen

• Stef October 11, 2013 at 7:07 pm #

Thanks! And, thanks for stopping by!

1. Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe | Cupcake Project - May 16, 2013

[...] used this cinnamon cream cheese frosting recipe on toasted ravioli cupcakes and Back to School cupcakes. It would also go great on oatmeal raisin cupcakes or snickerdoodle [...]

2. Toasted Ravioli Cupcakes « The Cupcake Blog - September 11, 2013

[...] Ravioli is a type of Italian pasta that is filled. The pasta is widely filled with meat, cheese or sauce however for this cupcake the pasta is filled with apple cinnamon filling. These apple cinnamon cupcakes incorporate unsweetened applesauce, finely chopped apples, and cinnamon to create a lightly tangy, sort of sweet fresh taste and texture. They are covered with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting and garnished with the apple and cinnamon filled ravioli. This is definitely not your ordinary cupcake, but it is wonderful. Source Cupcake Project [...]

3. Toasted Ravioli Cupcakes — Cupcake Pictures - September 11, 2013

4. Toasted Ravioli Cupcakes | Our Best CupcakesOur Best Cupcakes - July 15, 2014

[...] View Recipe Preparation Instructions [...]