Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes with Maple Glaze | Cupcake Project

Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes with Maple Glaze

This oatmeal raisin cupcake was a hit across state lines. In Missouri: Oatmeal raisin cupcakes were not a flavor that Bride and Groom 2.0 originally requested, but they both said it was good enough to be a wedding contender. In New York: My pseudo-cousin, Donna, was left speechless from her first bite to her last. Everyone agreed that the oatmeal raisin cupcakes were just like oatmeal raisin cookies, but more moist and with less oatmeal texture.

What’s All of the Stuff With the Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes?

Since oatmeal and raisins are typically breakfast foods, I decided to turn the oatmeal raisin cupcakes into complete breakfast cupcakes by topping them with a maple glaze and maple bacon lollypops. Just for good measure, I threw in some chocolate covered raisins, too. Unfortunately, the raisins ended up looking a bit like little turds, but perhaps we can ignore that fact?

The Oatmeal Raisin Cupcake Recipe

Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes with Maple Glaze

Yield: about 24 cupcakes

Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes with Maple Glaze

Cupcake Ingredients
  • 1/2 C butter (1 stick)
  • 1 1/2 C sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • 8 oz applesauce
  • 1/2 C honey vinegar (I love the flavor of honey vinegar, but I do realize that it's not a common pantry item. If you don't have any, you could substitute apple cider vinegar.)
  • 1 1/2 C oats
  • 1 C flour
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • 1 t allspice
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 2 C raisins (I used half golden raisins and half dark raisins)
  • Maple Glaze Ingredients
  • 2 3/4 C powdered sugar
  • 2 T corn syrup
  • 1/2 t maple extract
  • 4-6 T water

Cupcake Instructions
  1. Cream butter and sugar.
  2. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
  3. Add vanilla extract, applesauce, and vinegar.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
  5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, a little bit at a time.
  6. Fold in the raisins.
  7. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
  8. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when touched lightly.
  9. Maple Glaze Instructions
  10. Mix together powdered sugar, corn syrup, and maple extract.
  11. Add in water 2 T at a time until the glaze is sticky but spreadable.

Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy

Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy is having a blogiversary bash. She expects it to be a big party. I am submitting these cupcakes. What’s a party without cupcakes?!

16 Responses to Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes with Maple Glaze

1. VeggieGirl September 13, 2008 at 6:54 am #

GORGEOUS cupcakes!

2. Sophie September 14, 2008 at 2:19 pm #

This is a really fun recipe. The bacon idea is too cool! I’d love these, super tasty :) .

3. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy September 15, 2008 at 5:24 am #

Wow! These look beautiful! What a creative idea! Thanks so much for sending them over for the party!

4. kamailesfood September 15, 2008 at 8:11 pm #

These sound yummy! I wonder if chocolate chips would work instead of raisins.

5. Ivy September 16, 2008 at 3:26 pm #

These look really cool and sound delish..ious.
    Um…I think I am going to stick to oatmeal raisin cookies-the crisyness is what I love.

You’re the best always-have a wonderful week.

6. iron stef September 17, 2008 at 7:50 am #

mmm…these sound like a lovely fall treat.

7. Kim September 18, 2008 at 11:50 am #

Ohhh, these look fabulous!

8. Stef September 19, 2008 at 7:59 am #

Veggie – Thanks so much!

Sophie – Thanks! Bacon helps every recipe!

Sticky – Of course! You had such a great recipe roundup!

Kamaile – Chocolate chips would go great in this!

Ivy – Hah! Can’t go wrong with the cookies!

Iron Stef – Thanks! I know I’m suppose to be getting in a Fall mood, but it really does feel like summer.

Kim – Thanks a bunch!

9. ~Madeline~ September 21, 2008 at 1:19 pm #

Given that I love oatmeal raisin cookies so much, I know I will love these too. The maple glaze sounds like a fantastic accompaniment.

10. Hannah July 6, 2009 at 10:25 pm #

I just made these tonight and they are incredible!

11. Anonymous August 23, 2011 at 5:07 pm #

Question for you… Why on Earth would you put 1/2 C of vinegar into cake??? I looked all over to see if it was typo, but nothing saying “oops” anywhere. With everyone else posting “how fabulous” they are, I went against my better judgement and made them. What a waste of ingredients! Tasted like ass.

12. Stef August 23, 2011 at 5:11 pm #

Anon – Sorry that you didn’t enjoy them. Did you use cider vinegar? My tasters all loved them!

13. Amanda L. October 9, 2011 at 5:14 pm #

Made these today and topped them with bacon pieces… Super Yummy!

1. My Ten Favorite Fall Cupcake Recipes | Cupcake Project - April 9, 2013

[...] Get the recipe. [...]

2. Lake Champlain Chocolates: How Many Raisins Are in a Bag? | Cupcake Project - May 17, 2013

[...] making it to the blog. As I mentioned above, the raisins are the ones that are being featured on a cupcake, but here are the other chocolates that Leann [...]

3. Oatmeal Raisin Cupcakes with Maple Glaze - fancy-edibles.com - June 18, 2013