Have You Had Nightmares From A Trophy?

Have You Had Nightmares From A Trophy?

Share:

Late at night, long after the unsuspecting cupcake baker had crawled into bed, her baking trophy jumped off of its stand and made its way to the bedroom. Sure, it was short, and his chef knife had not been sharpened, but he was mad. “Tomatoes and pinto beans are not cupcake ingredients!” he screamed out as he approached the baker.

The trophy winner thought she heard something, but assumed it was just the cupcake photographer gently breathing beside her.

She noticed nothing until the plastic knife was at her throat. She called out for mercy and the trophy responded with, “Only if you present me to someone with a better tomato recipe!” She then realized the problem – he hadn’t tasted the cupcakes.

“Once you try them, you’ll understand why they won,” she assured him.

“I hope,” she thought to herself.

She let him know that the baked bean and tomato cupcake post would be up on Cupcake Project soon. Should he try them and not like them, she would be happy to give the title to someone else.

The trophy, however, stood firm. This time, he pointed his two pronged fork (what is that supposed to be?) at her eyes.

Then, our cupcake baker pulled out her secret weapon: “Did you happen to know that you have a typo on yourself?”

It was true. She had won the prize at “Tomato Fest” and the trophy read “Tomato Feast”. The trophy turned tomato red with shame. He decided that he’d best keep his mouth shut except to try the baked bean and tomato cupcakes as soon as the recipe was posted.

The cupcake baker and the cupcake photographer went on with no need to fear the trophy sneaking into their bed at night. The baker held the trophy high and rejoiced.

10 comments on “Have You Had Nightmares From A Trophy?”

1. Rachel says:

I am so jealous!

2. Stef says:

You’re jealous? Wow! I’m the one who’s always jealous of you. :)

3. hollly says:

You are the most dedicated cupcake-maker that I know (or sort of know).

Cheers for the trophy!

4. Congratulations — extra points for creativity!

5. Nancy says:

Just got around ato reading this entry. Thanks for starting my day with laughter.

6. Jessica says:

Congrats! I saw you at Tomato Fest but was too shy (not drunk enough) to introduce myself. Also wanted to mention that you should check out the Aug. 22 issue of Ladue News, page 18. They are having a cupcake contest. I am not sure you will get a misspelled trophy, but it is worth a shot!

7. Maggie says:

Awesome trophy! I’ll admit to being a bit incredulous about the tomato frosting. I guess I’d better make a batch.

8. Stef says:

Holly – Thanks so much!

Alanna – Thanks!!

Jessica – Next time come say hi. I’d love to meet you! Thanks for the heads up about the contest. I’ll check it out.

Maggie – Give it a try and see what you think!

9. Nate-n-Annie says:

I was looking on Food Blog Search to see if any other food bloggers had gone to the TomatoFest in Carmel Valley, CA. Which one was this?

Congratulations on winning the trophy!

Love your site, and also Food Interviews!

10. Stef says:

Nate-n-Annie – This one was in St. Louis. Thanks!