July 4th Cupcake Ideas | Cupcake Project

July 4th Cupcake Ideas

Don’t forget the cupcakes when you head out to see July 4th fireworks. Cupcakes are cheaper than the snacks you’ll find at whatever festival you are going to, and the cupcakes enjoy watching the show! Eat them when the fireworks are over. That way, they will go out with a bang!

July 4th Cupcake Ideas

Really, any cupcake works for July 4th. But, here are some of my personal picks:

Final Note

In case it wasn’t 100% obvious, the only reason I have this post is because I had to use the July 4th cupcake photo. I was super excited about it and made Jonathan lay down in the grass and get eaten by bugs while I lit sparkler after sparkler for the shot. He’s the best! However, he thinks I ruined the shot with the cheesy border.

One Response to July 4th Cupcake Ideas

1. Anonymous July 3, 2008 at 4:03 am #

Yeah, you did. Cool shot, cheesy border.

Great recipes!

2. Hi! I'm Kim July 3, 2008 at 6:31 am #

Bless his heart! It’s a good shot, and I like the patriotic border.

3. Hi! I'm Kim July 3, 2008 at 6:31 am #

Bless his heart! It’s a good shot, and I like the patriotic border.

4. Hi! I'm Kim July 3, 2008 at 6:31 am #

Bless his heart! It’s a good shot, and I like the patriotic border.

5. Hi! I'm Kim July 3, 2008 at 6:31 am #

Bless his heart! It’s a good shot, and I like the patriotic border.

6. Hi! I'm Kim July 3, 2008 at 6:31 am #

Bless his heart! It’s a good shot, and I like the patriotic border.

7. Ivy July 3, 2008 at 7:12 am #

This Picture is just too adorable!

8. JessieGirl July 3, 2008 at 10:23 am #

i’ve been reading your blog for a while now. You are a fantastic baker and inspirational blogger. I do have just one question – how do you not gain weight baking all these cupcakes? Because, at least for me baking (while not fattening itself) often leads to eating and that is the fattening part.

You make me want to bake and invent recipes but I just can’t do it. I’d be gaining back all the weight i’ve lost.

9. Stef July 3, 2008 at 11:49 am #

Anon – Yeah, I know it!

Kim – Thanks from both of us!

Ivy – Thanks so much!

Jessie – Thanks for your kind words. I have a one cupcake a day rule. That’s it. I also am not a huge frosting fan, so I end up removing a bunch of the frosting on the cupcakes I eat.

10. Ashley July 3, 2008 at 12:10 pm #

I am making rootbeer cupcakes. I want to have a rootbeer buttercream icing as well. So do you think that substituting the rb extract for the vanilla will work in this recipe? Or should I go half and half?

1 pound box (about 3-3/4 cups) powdered sugar
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    3 – 4 tablespoons milk

11. Stef July 3, 2008 at 1:16 pm #

Ashley – You could probably just directly substitute the root beer extract. However, the nice thing about making icing is that you can taste along the way. Add the root beer extract in 1/2 t increments and taste after each addition. If you don’t get the flavor you like, add some vanilla too! Sounds great!

12. Ashley July 3, 2008 at 1:48 pm #

Thank you so much! I didn’t mean to sound so snotty in that first comment.:) I figured since you experiment with your recipes you would know. So thanks again!

13. Joel Bittle July 3, 2008 at 7:15 pm #

Woohoo, cupcakes! It was great to meet you last week, Stef. Thanks for directing me here. Now I’m going to bake…

14. Erin July 4, 2008 at 4:51 am #

Great picture! I love sparklers, but yes, you should take off that border. Less is more ;)

15. Anonymous July 4, 2008 at 6:46 am #

you could get some plastic flags at any giant
    eagle and put some white iceing on the cake
    part

16. Anonymous July 4, 2008 at 6:52 am #

or make a flag by useing color iceing

17. ~~Louise~~ July 4, 2008 at 2:27 pm #

I think the border looks just fine. A bit like the icing on the cupcake…

Thanks so much for sharing

18. Carrie July 5, 2008 at 4:59 pm #

The picture is great. All of them on this site are! I really struggle with taking good shots of the food I create. I am slowly learning. I am headed over to your interview site after the visit here.

19. Stef July 6, 2008 at 7:53 pm #

Ashley – No worries. I’m always happy to help where I can.

Joel – Nice meeting you too. Thanks for stopping by! Did you see the pics? http://www.jpollackphoto.com code:STLBLOGGERSJUNE2008

Erin – Hah! I know, I just had to go there!

Anon – True – that would be fun!

Louise – Sounds like you are one of the few people with me on the border.

Carrie – Thanks! Did you see the post Jonathan wrote on food photography? That might help. http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/food-photography-techniques-and-tips/

1. 4th of July Cupcakes with Built-In Ice Cream Cones | Cupcake Project - June 17, 2013

[...] out my other 4th of July cupcake ideas. Around the web – var _CI = _CI || {}; (function() { var script = [...]