How Were the Bread Pudding Cupcakes?
As noted above, I got the bread pudding cupcake recipe from Chockylit. I have reprinted it below with my notes.
- 3 C heavy cream
- 1 C milk
- 2 t vanilla
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1 lb loaf dense white bread, 1 or 2 days old (I used French bread)
- 10 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 8 large egg yolks
- 3/4 C sugar
- Chopped toffee, to taste (I made my own using this toffee recipe and used about 1 1/2 C)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the cream, milk, vanilla, and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Chop bread into 1/2″ cubes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Bring mixture back to boil and stir in chopped chocolate.
- Take off the heat and continue to stir until chocolate is melted.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly add the warm chocolate mixture, whisking constantly until combined.
- Pour the mixture carefully over the bread cubes.
- Stir until all cubes are covered.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix in as much toffee as you’d like. I made sure that there were a few small pieces in each cupcake.
- Stir to combine.
- Scoop soaked bread cubes into cupcake liners until bread cubes are level with the top of the rim.
- Carefully pour the remaining liquid into each cupcake, filling until nearly full.
- Bake at 350 F for about 22 minutes or until set.
I topped the bread pudding cupcakes with brewed chocolate frosting. It went perfectly!