Share:

The weather is getting warm and it’s time for ice cream cupcakes! We see ice cream cakes all summer at birthday parties and picnics. However, when I told people that I was making ice cream cupcakes, many of them looked at me like I was crazy. “What’s that?” they asked.

An ice cream cupcake is a single serving ice cream cake!

During the month of May, I am co-hosting an Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup with Scoopalicious. Scoopalicious is a blog devoted to ice cream and this is a blog devoted to cupcakes so it seemed like the perfect match for the event!

We want you to send us your ice cream cupcakes. Post about them and be sure to include directions for others. Tell us what worked and what didn’t work. Get creative. Try different flavors of ice cream and cake. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Let’s take ice cream cupcakes out of the sidelines and make them a top choice for a summer dessert!

To participate:

Post on your blog about ice cream cupcakes sometime in the month of May and link back to this post somewhere in yours to spread the word about the event. Feel free to use the event logo if you’d like!

Send an email to stef at cupcakeproject dot com by May 30st with:

• Your name
  • Your blog’s name
  • The name of your ice cream cupcakes
  • A link to your post on ice cream cupcakes
  • A photo of your ice cream cupcakes

I will respond to all entries. If you don’t hear back from me within a couple of days of sending the email, drop me a note to make sure I got it.

Don’t blog? That’s ok too! Send us a little note about your ice cream cupcake along with a photo and we’ll post a little something for you on our site.

Need some tips to get you started? Check out my post on ice cream cupcakes.

30 comments on “Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup: Enter Your Ice Cream Cupcakes During the Month of May”

1. ironstef says:

oh, the possibilities are endless!! I am way too excited about this. My little brain is spinning with what I can create…

2. Mara says:

i was just thinking about making an ice cream cake for a friend’s bday in june, i have never done it before. this may roundup might be a good way to dip my toe in the water!!!

3. CB says:

Obviously I love cupcake but my hubs is an ice cream fanatic. What a fun way to compromise on our sweet tooth. When’s the deadline? I wanna make sure I don’t miss it :)
    Clara

4. dobetter says:

Can’t wait for the round up on this one! Oh, when is the posting deadline?

5. toontz says:

This sounds like a lot of fun. I have never attempted an ice-cream cake, let alone cupcakes. But I have a whole household of willing tasters at the ready.

6. Ok, so, I JUST got an ice cream maker. I think this is fate….

7. It’s awesome to be getting so many people excited about this! Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

8. Stef says:

Sorry for any confusion. The deadline is the last day of May.

9. Stef says:

Steph – Do I see meatloaf ice cream?

Mara – I’m looking at your pic and picturing a big swirl of vanilla ice cream.

CB – Yay! Can’t wait to see what you end up with.

Dobetter – End of May. Hopefully people will post some early on, because I want to see them!

Toontz – I’m sure you could have a line at the door if you told people you were making them.

Kelly – Neat! I only made my own ice cream once and it was a complete failure. I’m going to have to try it again sometime.

10. Elliot says:

SOunds like a winner!

Happy birthday!

11. Anonymous says:

Cupcakes and ice cream….my two favorite things! How exciting! And it is true, the possibilities are endless. For a great themed cupcake you could add something cute on top!

Kids Soccer World has some great cupcake toppers to make them unique and fun! They also have great party supplies and gifts!

12. Anonymous says:

Happy Birthday to a daughter who is even more delicious than her cupcakes! Love and kisses, Mom XOXOX

13. Hillary says:

Oh man…this roundup is going to be droolworthy!

14. I have soo many ideas!!!
    I can’t wait to make ice cream cupcakes AND see all the other ones that people come up with.
    SOOO Awesome! :)

15. Eunice says:

i second ironstef!! but i draw the line at meatloaf icecream LOL. i would like to participate for sure!! sign me up 😉

16. justJENN says:

I will do this!

17. Sophie says:

Ohoh! I really want to do this! Only problem is…I’d have to use rice or soy ice cream b/c I haven’t been able to eat cow’s milk ice cream since before my surgery! Shucks…is that ok? Hope so! I’ll be sending my info in soon, this is too exciting and unique to pass up! :)

18. Stef says:

Elliot – Thanks!! You guys should make some!

Anon – Those soccer ball candles are actaully pretty cute.

Anon2 (AKA Mom) – I love how you emailed, called on two phones and commented on the blog! You’re the best!

Hillary – I know. I can’t wait!

LittleIvyCakes – The suspense is killing me and it’s only the 3rd of May.

Eunice – Awesome! I look forward to your creation!

JustJenn – Thanks for the heads up! I’ll be waiting!

Sophie – That’s not a problem at all. I’m sure tons of people will be really happy to see those options!

19. Is it ok to play around with how these are assembled? You give a how-to but I’m wondering if it is an entry as long as it contains cupcake and ice cream??

20. Stef says:

TW – Playing around with it is what makes it fun. I just gave a how to to get people started if they had no clue where to begin. I would never expect everyone to make them just like me. You make it however you want!

21. prdtofthe80s says:

OMG! I love this project! I am SO doing this – the ideas are teaming already. :)

22. mel says:

I’m excited to see what everyone makes! I made some a few months ago, but maybe I can churn a new batch out before the end of the month!

23. Minko says:

does sorbet count as ice cream for this?

24. Stef says:

Prdtofthe80s – Yay! Looking forward to you entry!

Mel – Thanks for sharing the link to the ones you already made! They look awesome! I hope you do make some more. I would love to see them!

Minko – Sure! Sorbet counts!

25. Nic says:

Spoilt for choices on your blog – everything looks awesome! Thanks for all the cupcake recipes.

26. Mara says:

i am so happy there is an extra day in May…mine are cooling right now so that i can ice cream and frost when i get home from my zumba class. WOO.

27. It’s 4:30 PST, on June 1st and I can’t wait any longer!! :)Post the roundup entries already.:)

28. baby care says:

Wow I like very much ice cream.But I don’t no how to do this one……….

29. Any time in winter you eat ice cream