This vanilla bean buttercream frosting recipe is so much better than your everyday vanilla frosting. Regular readers may know that I don’t typically like buttercream frosting. I typically make cream cheese frostings, mascarpone frostings, or glazes. However, this vanilla bean buttercream frosting is an exception. It tastes just like melted vanilla ice cream. In fact, I used it on top of my pumpkin cup-pies (mini pumpkin pies) instead of ice cream.
Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar (add more until it reaches your preferred consistency)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix together sugar and butter until they are blended and creamy.
- Add vanilla bean paste and milk and continue to beat for another minute.
- If desired, add more vanilla bean paste to taste, or more confectioners’ sugar to make it stiffer.
Check out my favorite chocolate frosting