I was tagged by Cuppycakes of I Heart Cuppycakes to participate in a meme. A meme, in the blog world, is an opportunity to reveal something about yourself and then request that x many other bloggers do the same. I see it as a blog chain letter.
Meme Vs Chain Letter
Why Memes Are Better Than Chain Letters
The only difference I see between a meme and a chain letter is that there is no mention of bad luck falling on my blog if I don’t pass it on. This is a great improvement from your standard chain letter.
Why Chain Letters Are Better Than Memes
With memes there is no possibility of a prize. The bloggers I tag for a meme do not need to send 10 dollars to someone at the top of the list. In fact, there is typically no list.
My Past Chain Letter Experience
In High School, I participated in an underwear chain letter. Has anyone else seen these? If you pass it on, you are supposed to get a ton of underwear at the end. When you forward the chain letter, you include your underwear size and preferred style (maybe?). Anyway, I didn’t get any underwear. Probably, some party pooper stopped the chain.
I’m a Chain Letter Party Pooper
Speaking of party poopers, let me start by saying I am flattered to be selected to be part of this meme. Thanks so much, cuppycakes! It was super sweet that you thought of me. However, I plan on pooping out.
I’d like to also own up to others I have pooped out on:
Note: I’m going to use this list to add anyone that tags me in the future. Tag me if you want your name on this list.
- Many moons ago Tart Reform nominated me as a Rockin Girl Blogger. I was supposed to happily accept and nominate 5 more people. I didn’t.
- Tempered Woman tagged me. TW said of me, “She never answers memes so it’s just fun to taunt her.” Thanks. :) At least she didn’t expect me to answer.
- Airy Fairy tagged me as well. She’s another cupcake blogger with some amazing looking cupcakes. You should definitely check her out! Sorry to let her down. However, I did add her to my blogroll. That should count for something.
- Little Ivy Cakes makes me smile! I am always so excited when she stops by and leaves a comment! She tagged me for a “6 things about yourself” meme. Sorry, Ivy.
- Take the Cannoli tagged me with a Yum-Yum award. I love the name of that award! How fun! I must admit, I hadn’t spent much time on her blog before, but having checked it out – it’s yum-yum!! I’m not officially passing the award on, although I’ll unofficially give it to everyone on this list. However, I am adding her to my Google Reader.
- Sweet Stilettos tagged me for a 6 random things meme. One fact that she shared was that she has never been drunk. I’ll reveal here that I haven’t either. Although, from the sound of it, I’ve tasted quite a bit more alcohol than she. I love tasting, just not to inebriation.
- I was tagged by one other person and I just spent oh, about an hour, trying to remember who and when it was. Did I mention that chain letters lead to guilt? If you tagged me, tell me and I’ll list you HERE.
My Meme Response
So, I’m not going to respond to your meme. I’d be happy to answer the questions in an email to you and anyone else who is interested. It’s not that I don’t like talking about myself. I am just not going to continue the chain.
But, I’m not going to make them do anything!
FYI: Now, I’m feeling guilty for the blogs I didn’t pick and concerned that maybe I should have just answered. Also, in the back of my mind, there is the thought that maybe some bad luck will, in fact, fall on my blog.
What do you think of memes?
Does anyone share my stance or am I alone on this?