How To Bake 300 Cupcakes
Since I have baked cupcakes for several weddings, I am often asked for advice on how to bake large quanitites of cupcakes from a home kitchen. While there are many ways to do it, here’s my method:
- 4 days before the event, I shop. I plan for 1.5 cupcakes per guest.
- 3 days before the event, I bake half of the cupcakes and store them in bakery boxes with cupcake inserts. I do not frost them. I use two mixers to speed up the process (if you only have one, find a friend and borrow theirs).
- 2 days before the event, I bake the second half of the cupcakes and store them in bakery boxes. I do not frost them either.
- 1 day before the event, I frost and decorate all of the cupcakes.
- The day of the event, I VERY carefully transport the cupcakes to the event site. If the event is in the summer (or if you live somewhere where it is always hot), be sure to air condition the vehicle before loading the cupcakes so the frosting does not melt.
If you are baking for an evening event, you can start one day later and frost the cupcakes on the day of the event.